Magnesium is an essential nutrient, meaning that your body needs it for healthy functioning. It is found in significant quantities throughout the body and is used for numerous purposes; including muscle relaxation, blood clotting, and the manufacture of ATP (adenosine triphosphate, the body’s main energy molecule). It has been called “nature’s calcium channel blocker”. The idea refers to magnesium’s ability to block calcium from entering muscle and heart cells. A group of prescription heart medications work in a similar way, although much more powerfully. This may be the basis for some of magnesium’s effects when it is taken as a supplement in fairly high doses.
- Chelated Magnesium, bound to Amino Acids to aid absorption.
- Magnesium a cofactor for well over 300 biochemical reactions.†
- Magnesium is required for nutrient metabolism and energy production, muscle function and works synergistically with calcium, where calcium is responsible for muscle contraction and magnesium, muscle relaxation.†
- Magnesium is also essential for maintaining a normal, healthy blood pressure, and is required for the synthesis of DNA and RNA, cell membrane function and the activity of hormones, neurotransmitters and other cellular regulators.†
- Magnesium is an essential dietary mineral, and the second most prevalent electrolyte in the human body.†
- Magnesium deficiencies are common in developed countries. A deficiency increases blood pressure, reduces glucose tolerance and causes neural excitation. If magnesium is supplemented to attenuate a deficiency, it acts may reduce blood pressure and improve insulin sensitivity.†
- Maintaining healthy magnesium levels is also associated with a protective effect against depression and ADHD.†
CAUTION: A sudden increase in excess doses may cause gastrointestinal distress and diarrhea.
Suggested Use: Adults chew up to four (4) chewable tablets daily. Products high in magnesium may cause a laxative effect. If this occurs, reduce the serving consumed or consume up to 4 chewable tablets throughout the day instead of all at once. May consume as directed by a healthcare professional.
Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.